Fri, 14 October 2022
In Episode 103 of Totally Deep Podcast, Doug Stenclik and Randy Young of www.cripplecreekbc.com bring you the lowdown on the world of uphill and backcountry skiing and boarding. Gear, technique, fashion, jargon, guests, and assorted spray from folks who know how to earn it in the backcountry. The world's best backcountry skiing podcast.
Episode 103 goes deep into gear-talk as Cripple Creek Backcountry's head of customer service, Tyler Vaughan, joins Randy and Doug to discuss their gear picks for the season.
On Episode 103 of the Totally Deep Podcast:
1) Small talk about leaf peeping and early-season snow.
2) Race category and resort uphilling picks.
3) Brakes for a skimo (race) setup.
4) The ski mountaineering category discussion.
5) The all-mountain category and can an all-mountain setup meets all your needs?
6) Picking a ski for the type of skiing you gravitate to the most.
7) The quiver spot that is the powder and freeride category.
Have a listen and get ready for the impending vert and lovely descents. Thanks for listening and joining us for the 2022-2023 season.
And remember: be safe out there.
Or leave a voicemail: 970-510-0450
Backcountry Skiing, Uphill Skiing, Rando (skimo?) Racing, Splitboarding, it's all uphill from here.